Congratulations on getting to this point in your bar exam preparation! Having prepared for the bar exam myself, I understand firsthand the intense stress that comes along with it. However, you can’t let stress get the best of you! You’ve worked hard to get here, and it’s essential to approach these last few days with a clear head and a solid game plan. Having a strategy is crucial for success. By taking the time to map out your study schedule, prioritize your materials, and practice under simulated exam conditions, you can feel more focused and in control. Remember, you’ve got this, and we’ll be cheering you on every step of the way!
Bar Exam Tips
- Have a study schedule planned out for the last few days.
- Continue your review of the MBE and essay subjects.
- Continue doing practice questions and reviewing essay questions.
- Study multiple areas of the law you struggle with. Try to get through many and make sure you don’t get caught up for too long with any one topic. The worst thing you can do is spend one of your last days on the Rule Against Perpetuities trying to hammer it down. The truth is, hardly anybody understands it! Just move on and get the low lying fruit.
- Update the law in your outlines as necessary. Don’t get in the trap of doing practice questions to pass the time without getting the most out of each one. If you get a practice question wrong, make sure you note the legal issue you didn’t know in your outline.
- Set aside time to recharge by taking breaks. Your dog would love to take a walk around the block! If you don’t have a dog, then I’m sure you would love to take a walk around the block!
- Set aside time to create a logistics plan for the test. Think about what you will need to bring and eat, when you will leave for the exam, and how you will get to the testing site.
- Get sleep!
- Eat brain food. Skip the fast food and diet drinks!
- Take time to relax. You’re stressed to the MAX right now, and trust us, we understand. Give yourself a break. Watch a movie, go for a swim, or take a yoga class!
We hope these bar exam tips are helpful! Best of luck on your last few days of preparation! If you have any questions, give us a call at 800-529-2651.